Thursday, March 7, 2013

Jokes, Reading, Erin's Fault, and TP

Every so often Sammy finds me just to share a joke, and many times it's one he's made up.  I always ask, "Did you make that one up?"  I've told him he needs to send them in to Boys Life, but we haven't yet.  I tell myself to remember, but you know how that goes.  His latest, I jotted so I could post it.

What happens when the earth laughs?  Earthquakes!
What does Bilbo call his bathroom?  Back-end.  (You probably have to be a LOTR fan to get that.)  (Sorry for the boy humor.)

Melanie reads all the time, as much as she can.  She reminds me of myself because I would always sneak in reading time too, but thankfully she reads much better books than I did at her age.  It seems like every time I ask her she's reading something new.  Or old.  She loves to reread.  I don't even want to think about how many times she's read the Harry Potter and Fablehaven series.  I was reading "The Light Princess" by George Macdonald to the girls recently and Melanie couldn't handle a few chapters a night.  After about day 2 of reading, she finished it herself.  Then still listened to me read the rest.

Sammy has had this thing for a while, that everything Erin does seems to grate on him immensely.  She can't do anything without him checking to make sure it's okay.  The other day I asked who had done something (can't even remember what it was), and Sam piped right up that it was probably Erin.  It was probably one of those "uh oh, mom's gone loco" moments, but I informed him that everything is NOT Erin's fault, and started listing off a variety of silly examples.  "Why did that meteor get so close to the earth?  Erin.  Why did the chicken cross the road?  Erin."  And on and on.  Of course he was giggling about it, and it's been comic relief every time he starts blaming again.

Total crazy sidenote, but every time we buy toilet paper I have the thought (and sometimes vocalize it to whoever is with me) that we sure have a lot of bums at our house.  If anyone ever sees me walking through the toilet paper section smiling, that's why.

1 comment:

  1. Way to turn the "momming" of Erin into a fun thing...kudos to you!

    I need to smile more in the toilet paper section and stop worrying if the toilet paper is really the 2-ply or 3-ply it claims to be. I'll smile and think of you :).

    ReplyDelete