Wednesday, March 27, 2013

All In a Day

Sammy had a check-up recently, and his GI doc wanted us to take him for a bone scan so we could have a baseline for the future (liver issues can cause bone issues).  We had no idea what it would be like, but it was very simple.  They scanned his spine and one of his hips, and all he had to do was lay there while that big arm thing moved along really slowly.  Nice Indian (as in India) lady running it all was fun to talk to while it was going on.  She said to eat more Indian food.  Everything was normal and in good range.


A bit later we headed off to choir, and apparently Adam and his good buddy didn't have enough singing.  Funny, I have another picture similar to this.  The other involved this activity while standing on a picnic table.  I like him on the ground better.



On our way home we dropped Melanie off to a salon for activity days.  They talked about hygeine and did some cool hairdos.  She came home with this coolly weaved and messy bun style.  Twenty-five bobby pins came out of her hair.


While picking up one of Carolyn's friends to get them both (plus another already with us) to their activity days group, we noticed one of my ex-Webelos packing a bajillion camping items to where they would be camping out for the night (it's a sly move - camping in one of the leaders' backyard so all the boys are there and ready to do Scouting for Food the next morning).  When we first saw him half his stuff was on the ground, so I asked Adam if he would go help the poor kid.  He jumped out of the van and headed right over (what a good guy).  I told Adam he should use this picture as a "Don't pack this much stuff!" for the backpacking class he's helping to teach in preparation for an upcoming backpacking trip.  He was very kind and tried to justify it.  "He doesn't need that much stuff for one night!"  "He just lives down the street, mom."  "I know!  Exactly!"  I learned that one of my ex-Webelos (turned 11 that day) got a new pocketknife, and he cut himself with it while they were there.  Aaaah, the joys of scouting.  Does my heart good.


I sure love my Carolyn.  I totally cracks me up how she bundles herself sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment