Thursday, February 21, 2013

What are you looking at???

Erin was sitting next to me earlier, turned to say something to me, and for some reason, her eyes caught my eye.  I told her to stare at me, and I looked closely at her eyes.  Beautiful!  Her brown eyes had darker brown streaks coming out from the pupil, and lighter rings around the edge.  I tried to draw them to point those characteristics out to her.

Carolyn came walking in when I was done, so I took a look at hers.  Instead of lines from the pupil, hers have speckled darker spots.

Then I had to check out everyone else that was here.  Melanie's are blue with grayish lines from the pupil to the outside.

Sammy's are similar to Erin's, only lighter brown.

Madeleine wasn't very cooperative, so I couldn't tell very well what cool characteristics hers have.

I had Carolyn look at mine, and she said mine are greenish with a "weird star thing."  By the time I was done drawing everyone I forgot about the star part, but when I checked them out in the mirror, there really is a star-ish thing around the pupil.

Check out my amazing drawings of everyone's eyes that were home.  Did my best attempting to match colors, but my eyes definitely aren't that green, LOL.


I tried to get pictures of everyone's eyes to see if that would work well.  Outside pictures are always better, so I guess I'll have to try that sometime.










I guess we need to study eyes more!  Fun how such a simple little observation could turn into a bunch of play  learning.

1 comment:

  1. Alisa and Clay have said that their girls have eyes that are Barker peacock colored!!

    ReplyDelete